Saturday, December 18, 2004

The end of shaving?

One of the complaints I often hear about headshaving is the whole shaving thing. People often really like the look and feel of being bald, but shaving regularly is a bit of a hassle.

So I often get asked questions like, "Have you tried Ultra Hair Away?" or "How about Epil-Stop?". There's a class of products known as Hair Inhibitors that claim to slow hair growth so that you don't have to shave as often, and some promise that your hair will eventually stop growing.

I've never tried any of these products. But a bit of searching turns up some interesting info. For instance, there's an Epil-Stop Survivors message board for people who were injured by the Epil-Stop product. HairFacts.com carries warnings about Ultra Hair Away and other hair growth inhibitors.

What's even more interesting about the searching is what I can't turn up. If these products worked as claimed, I would expect to find people talking about them on message boards or Usenet. Instead, what I generally found was people asking if anyone else had tried them, but no useful responses.

There are a lot of people who would really like a product like this, so if one existed and was as widely advertised as the hair growth inhibitors are, I would expect some buzz to exist on the Internet. Yet I can't find it.

People send me email all the time telling me about great products that they've used, or ones that they hated. Nobody emails me about hair growth inhibitors, except to ask if they work.

All of this makes me suspicious of hair growth inhibitors as a class of products, and makes me reluctant to try one. I can't say with absolute certainty that they are a scam, but the signs point that way.

Shaving may be a hassle sometimes, but it's proven reliable and effective, so I'll stick with it.

2 comments:

Cleaning Company Dubai UAE said...

In addition to looking greater, there are generally various benefits associated with developing a clean household. When air smells fresh new and the many surfaces are generally clean, it makes the exact property much nicer to shell out time. Should you be trying to trade your household, then it can be greatly subjected to bring in buyers whether it is clean. Deep cleaning is usually useful need to there certainly be a spillage or maybe after a party has taken place in your possessions. cleaning services abu dhabi

Dial a Maid said...

In addition to, having the commercial philosophy clean should indeed be recommended, and also a significant necessity. Whether it be a local mall, local go shopping, office, or perhaps clinics, you should have people to arrive every evening. And, that indicates why washing and appropriate maintenance is necessary. So, leave your entire worries and invite DIALAMAID to adopt that duty. We offer top-class business cleaning companies in Dubai to produce things easier to suit your needs.